Our Covid19 Re-opening Plan
1. Guidance and industry best practice
The Last Drop Hotel Village & Spa is following all government guidelines and has been actively involved in scoping out industry best practice in partnership with key tourism bodies.
During this period and to ensure the safety of our guests and staff, we are pleased to provide you with a list of the measures we have taken to date.
2. Our teams, supply chain and partners
- We are ensuring that everyone involved in our business is fully aware of and committed to our ethos. This includes:
- Every team member is being trained in new health and hygiene related procedures and their responsibility to guests and colleagues.
- New HR policies and processes are being implemented.
- All team members have completed 5 online training modules on Covid19
- We are taking all reasonable steps to follow the government’s Covid-19 Secure Workplace Guidelines.
- We’re communicating with our suppliers and partners, to ensure that their policies and systems relating to health and hygiene meet industry standards.
- We are committed to update our Covid19 measures on an on-going basis to reflect government guidance, in order to provide assurance and transparency:
- Our detailed health and hygiene plan is being published on our website and kept updated.
- We are updating our pre-arrival email communication documents to provide additional information relating to health and hygiene.
- All our guests will be receiving a short ‘Health Check’ questionnaire to complete ahead of their arrival at the hotel.
- New signage and focus points are being added across the hotel to promote hygiene and social distancing.
- We are supplying our hygiene plan to our agents and our 3rd party suppliers.
- A new risk-based approach to cleaning is being implemented and all team members are being trained accordingly.
- Hand sanitiser will be available and visible at several points across the hotel, including all rooms and staff areas. On a daily basis, we will appoint a dedicated sanitizer czar to keep everyone safe by cleansing public areas and all identified touch-points.
- PPE, along with appropriate training for use and disposal, will be made available to any employee upon request. Staff will be trained in the correct use of face masks.
- Cleaning staff in particular will be trained on the use of and provided with personal protection equipment as listed below:
- Disposable aprons
- If doing tasks that generate splashes (e.g. while washing surfaces) or close contact with guests, staff will be required to wear facial protection with a face shield and impermeable aprons. Staff have been instructed to wash hands after removing PPE.
- All kitchen areas have been deep cleaned
- Spa, Gym, Thermal Suite, pool areas and changing areas have been steam cleaned.
- All cleaning products are Covid 19 compliant.
5. Check-in/ check-out
We are implementing a new online check-in/check-out process to provide a touchless experience and promote a safe environment for both guests and staff:
- A thermal imaging camera has been installed at our front entrance.
- Contactless check in and check out will be in place.
- Guests will receive an email 3 days prior to their arrival with a link to the hotel website to proceed with the check-in process.
- The first step, upon receipt of the email, is to confirm the reservation number
- The second step, guests can review their booking and select the rooms to check-in
- The third step allows our guests to personalise their stay, including the selection of the approximate arrival time.
- The last step, guests complete their information details, see a summary of their booking and proceed with the due payment.
- A pre authorisation of £50 per night will be taken to cover extras, thus reducing contact time.
- In the morning of departure, guests will receive a notification by SMS or email with a link to the online check-out section and proceed with entering their room number, overview the invoice of their stay and pay the remaining balance by credit card. Guests can opt to receive an electronic invoice by email.
- Payment processes are fully PCI-DSS compliant, with secure integration to every major payment service including World Pay and PayPal.
6. Our restaurant & dining areas
- Our spacious ground floor areas will enable us to comply with social distancing guidelines. Our initiatives include;
- A Grab and Go option will be available for all meal periods, with each item safely packed.
- Breakfast service. Our guests will be asked to book a time slot to spread the flow. Breakfast can be taken in the restaurant, bar or in your room.
- We are extending dining hours and will require our guests and staff to pre-book all meal times.
- Dinner reservations in the Courtyard Restaurant, Courtyard Bar, Terrace, Fireside Lounge, Room Service and Private Dining will be managed to ensure social distancing.
- Our restaurant and bar table lay-out is being updated to respect the required distances in line with the latest government guidelines.
- Sanitising stations will be available throughout the public areas.
- Payment will be contactless by Credit or debit card.
- No cash payment will be accepted
7. Our Spa facilities
- Please note, the spa facilities are currently closed until 25th July.
- We have conducted detailed risk assessments across every area of our business with the support of Espa, our designated spa brand, and Technogym, our gym partner.
- New detailed pre arrival requirements will be in place.
- The treatment rooms and treatments will be carefully managed in line with guidance.
- Treatment rooms will be sanitised between each client to include all surfaces being wiped with disinfectant, including door handles and chair handles. Our therapists have been trained in how to do this.
- Chlorine use in pool to continue as usual.
- Members and guests will pre-book time slots for gym, thermal suite and pool areas.
- Access to changing rooms will be restricted.
- We have installed a thermal imaging camera for identifying folk with high temperatures.
8. The future
We can’t wait to welcome you back to the Last Drop Hotel Village & Spa to enjoy the peace and tranquillity we are so proud to share with you.