COVID 19 STANDARDS
Following the latest Government restrictions announced 30th December, The Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa has been placed in Tier 4 along with all of Greater Manchester. This means the hotel will only remain open to essential workers and business customers requiring to stay overnight, with grab and go breakfast and room service available. We are unable to accommodate leisure breaks until the middle of January at the earliest.
The Village Spa, including our 18m Swimming Pool and Thermal Suites, have closed in line with Government guidelines.
Our Courtyard Restaurant and Bar will remain closed and will reopen when restrictions have been relaxe
1. Guidance and industry best practice
The Last Drop Hotel Village & Spa is following all government guidelines and are pleased to provide a list of measures that are in place.
2. Our teams, supply chain and partners
- We are ensuring that everyone involved in our business is fully aware of and committed to our ethos. This includes:
- Every team member is being trained in new health and hygiene related procedures and their responsibility to guests and colleagues.
- All team members have completed 5 online training modules on Covid19
- We are taking all reasonable steps to follow the government’s Covid-19 Secure Workplace Guidelines.
- All team members are taking their temperature before commencing their shift.
- NHS COVID-19 app is live with track and trace in place.
- We update our Covid19 measures on an on-going basis to reflect government guidance, in order to provide assurance and transparency:
- Our detailed health and hygiene plan has been published on our website and kept updated.
- We are updating our pre-arrival email communication documents to provide additional information relating to health and hygiene.
- New signage and focus points are being added across the hotel to promote hygiene and social distancing.
- We are supplying our hygiene plan to our agents and our 3rd party suppliers.
- A new risk-based approach to cleaning is being implemented and all team members are being trained accordingly.
- Staff wear masks/visors at all times
- Hand sanitiser is available and visible at several points across the hotel, throughout our public area and staff areas. On a daily basis, we will appoint a dedicated sanitizer czar to keep everyone safe by cleansing public areas and all identified touch-points.
- All bedroom stationery, spare towelling, cushions and throws have been removed.
- PPE, along with appropriate training for use and disposal, will be made available to any employee upon request. Staff will be trained in the correct use of face masks.
- Cleaning staff in particular will be trained on the use of and provided with personal protection equipment as listed below:
- Disposable aprons
- If doing tasks that generate splashes (e.g. while washing surfaces) or close contact with guests, staff will be required to wear facial protection with a face shield and impermeable aprons. Staff have been instructed to wash hands after removing PPE.
- All cleaning products are Covid 19 compliant.
5. Check-in/ Check-out
- A QR poster is displayed at reception to download the NHS COVID-19 app
- Track and trace is in place
- A thermal imaging camera has been installed at our front entrance monitoring temperatures.
- Guests will receive an email 3 days prior to their arrival asking for pre-payment.
- Upon arrival at reception hand sanitiser is available & screens are in place.
- Payment processes are fully PCI-DSS compliant, with secure integration to every major payment service including World Pay and PayPal.
- A face covering must be worn in all public areas except when seated at a table to eat or drink.
6. Our Restaurant & Dining areas - Currently Closed
Our spacious ground floor & dining areas enable us to comply with social distancing guidelines. Our initiatives include;
- Table service for all food and drink outlets.
- All meals are served to the table as per government guidelines.
- We ask that all dining times are pre-booked it can be done online here
- Dinner reservations in the Courtyard Restaurant, Courtyard Bar, Terrace, Fireside Lounge, Room Service and Private Dining will be managed to ensure social distancing.
- Payment will be contactless by credit or debit card.
- No cash payment will be accepted.
- Last orders for food will be at 21:00 All food and drink outlets will be closed from 22:00 until 05:00.
- Face covering must be worn except when seated at a table to eat or drink.
7. Our Spa facilities - Currently Closed
- Our facilities are all fully open and available to carry out facial treatments.
- Members and guests need to pre-book time slots ahead of arrival for gym, thermal suite and pool areas.
- NHS COVID-19 app is downloadable from the Spa reception with trace and trace in place.
- We have conducted detailed risk assessments across every area of our business with the support of ESPA, our designated spa brand, and Technogym, our gym partner.
- The treatment rooms and treatments will be carefully managed in line with guidance. Please note, facials are now available.
- Treatment rooms are being sanitised between each client to include all surfaces being wiped with disinfectant, including door handles and chair handles. Our therapists have been trained in how to do this.
- Chlorine use in pool to continue as usual.
- We ask that members & guests arrive at the club ready, hotel residents are asked to shower and change in your bedroom prior to going to the Village Spa and take bathrobes with you.
- Access to changing rooms will be restricted.
- We have installed a thermal imaging camera for identifying guests with high temperatures.
- Face coverings must now be worn by anyone entering and leaving our Club in the Public areas in accordance with updated Government Guidelines. Once you are in our Club, you are only permitted to remove your face covering(s) whilst in the swimming pool, hydrotherapy pool & gym areas. There are some circumstances where people may not be able to wear a face covering. Please be mindful and respectful of such circumstances, and that the reasons for this may not be visible to others. Children under the age of 11 are exempt from the rule and also people who cannot put on, wear or remove a face covering because of a physical, mental illness, impairment, or disability.
Due to the current COVID-19 regulations we have implemented pre-booked timed sessions for the spa facilities as follows:
1* 45-minute session in the Swimming Pool and 1* 45-minute session for the Thermal Suites that includes the Hydrotherapy Pool & Thermal Rooms.
- These sessions are per person, per night per stay.
- These sessions are available on day of arrival from 12:30 and 11:00 check-out.
- Spa sessions must be pre-booked per person via our Spa Reservations team: email@example.com
- Further sessions may come available due to cancellations so please check with the spa reception on the day.
8. The Future
We can’t wait to welcome you back to the Last Drop Hotel Village & Spa to enjoy the peace and tranquillity we are so proud to share with you.